Monday, December 27, 2010

Year in Review 2010

WOW...I can not believe how fast this year went by. I must say though, I am ready to see it go. The last 2 years of our lives have been filled with many ups and downs. I am so very thankful the Lord has allowed us to be where we are and to be surrounded by the people we are surrounded with. We have truly learned throughout these times the friends that are truly ready to go to bat for us and have our back and are there to pick us up when we fall. Brad and I have learned a lot about each other and I truly love him more today than I did a year ago. We have experienced heartache like no other this year with the passing of "GREAT", Brad's grandmother. You know you expect in someway for your grandparents to die due to old age and sometimes I am sure for some that creates some sense of comfort knowing that they lived a long fruitfull life. Charlotte who we called "GREAT" was like no other woman I had ever met. Her death was harder on me than any other death I had experienced in my lifetime. I am tearing up just thinking about it. She was beautiful, she was kind, she was generous, she was caring, she was matter of fact, she was honest, she was hardworking, she was GREAT!!! I don't take for granted the 14 years I was priviledged to have been her granddaughter in law....although, she NEVER made me feel like an in law......if you were to ask all of the inlaws......they would all say the same thing. I am so thankful both of my children were loved by her. I am thankful we have so many wonderful memories of her to carry us through this life. Great, you are missed with each passing day!!!

This year has also brought some disappointment with Brad's job situation. We are still praying the Lord's will be done in our lives. We are diligently seeking HIS wisdom. The Lord knows all about it and we are trusting in HIM....although sometimes we ponder why?

WE are BLESSED beyond measure and truly know where our treasures are.

With this upcoming New Year just a few days away....there are SO MANY things I want to improve on and there are some goals that Brad and I want to attain. I am going to list some of them so I can keep myself accountable.

1. Become a better wife and mother. I strive at this daily...but fall so short in so many areas. My husband and children deserve for me to do better. I think a lot of this can be attained by becoming a better steward of studying God's word.

2. Be a better soul winner. I need to REALLY get REAL and serious about so many people dying and going to HELL and it is my obligation to tell them.

3. Be a better teacher to my children with homeschooling.

4. Be a better friend. I need to worry more about being there for others and being a blessing to them than to worry about being blessed.

5. Continue to lose weight. Really get focused again and be fit and trim by summer....and KEEP IT OFF.....also to encourage my husband to lose some weight.

6. Be MORE organized.

GOALS:

1. Become more financially stable

2. Purchase a home

3. Brad find a stable job ( I would love for him to find one he enjoys........I know selfish....but I want him to be happy)

4. Really build up my photography business!!!


Well....there are a few things to strive to be better at......I've got my work cut out for me because I know who I am dealing with....ME!!!

Take care and be thankful for each and every day the Lord hath made!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an encouragement you are to me Brandy. I pray God gives us all the strength to be more of "what" we should be to bring honor and glory to His name. I love you.

KCMay said...

I know that you did have a difficult time with her death, and I hate that. I can't imagine, nor do I want to! As for your goals, I know you are already great in so many of those areas! You are a fantastic friend to me :) I know you will reach your goals, and make the rest of us look bad! hehe I admire you for sharing your candid look at yourself, takes alot of guts to put what you think your flaws are out there.