Friday, October 7, 2011
Friday, August 26, 2011
Monday, August 8, 2011
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Sunday, March 6, 2011
vi·car·i·ous/vaɪˈkɛəriəs, vɪ-/ Show Spelled
Friday, March 4, 2011
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Here are some church bulletin BLOOPERS!!!!
Monday, January 31, 2011
We (christians) of all other people should be the kindest to others. We should be complimenters not criticizers. We have Christ within us. We can win someone over a whole lot easier with kind words rather than a sharp tongue.
We should humble ourselves. James 4 v.10 says "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."
I am going to work on myself. I need to compliment people more. Stop the criticizing and critiquing. Stop the fault finding and LOVE people WHERE they are HOW they are!!!
Friday, January 28, 2011
Here are some helpful thoughts regarding letting my kids handle life's lumps, whether deserved or not.
1. Teach your kids that when you mess up and it's your fault, "take your lumps."
Don't whine about it. You deserve it. Take it.
2. Teach your kids that sometimes you "take your lumps" because life is difficult.
It's no fun, but you aren't Job. Get over it. It's just God's way of allowing life to toughen you up. You can't control who your parents are, where you go to school, your looks, etc.
3. Teach your kids that sometimes you "take your lumps" because you are mistreated.
This is the hardest one to deal with, but Jesus understands your pain. He dealt with the same thing.
4. As a parent, I don't have to make sure that everything that happens to or for or concerning my kids is fair.
5. Realize that not everything is about your kids.
6. I was treated unfairly at times and survived (with very few ticks and glitches:).
7. I was treated unfairly and accepted both the pain and the mistreatment as part of life.
8. I am allowed to let my kids be treated unfairly and not do anything about it.
9. I do not have to let it fester or get bitter.
10. If I handle the situation without bitterness, then almost always, so will my children.
11. If I overreact as a parent, it will usually end up as a bigger problem than the original problem.
12. If my kids feel like the world is against them, it is my fault through either my bad example, or lack of training them.
13. If I feel like I've been an underdog all of my life, then my kids probably will too.
In other words, before I can show them how to handle it, I must deal with my own issues first.
14. When my kids are mistreated I have the opportunity teach them several lessons:
a. Maybe the other person misunderstood the situation.
b. Maybe you misunderstood the situation.
c. Maybe the other person is in the wrong. (We didn't expect perfection, did we?)
d. The other person can handle something wrongly and still be a great person.
e. The other person can handle something wrongly and that doesn't mean they're out to get you.
f. The other person can handle something and you perceive it wrongly and it had absolutely nothing to do with you.
g. Only shallow people think that how the other person treats us is the measuring stick to determine whether they are a great or horrible person.
15. If I run to the aid of my kid, I'm teaching them to depend on me, when the very purpose of my training them is to make them incrementally less and less dependent on me.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Definition of STEPPING-STONE
stum·bling blocknoun \ˈstəm-bliŋ-\
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Monday, January 24, 2011
For making the sun to shine. Putting the stars in the sky.
For the flowers that bloom, the ocean so blue. Thank you Lord
For every sparrow that sings and makes sweet melody
For the River that flows. The rain and the snow thank you Lord
I just want to thank you Lord. I just want to thank you Lord. For everything you've done for me thank you Lord. I just want to thank you Lord. I just want to thank you Lord. For making me whole, saving my soul thank you Lord.
For my whole family, For the joy my children bring. For shoes on our feet, plenty to eat thank you Lord. For the church where I worship and pray. For the freedom I have today .For your spirit I feel. Your presence so real. Thank you Lord. I just want to thank you Lord. I just want to thank you Lord. For everything you've done for me thank you Lord.
For being a friend so dear. Giving my sad heart cheer. For holding my hand when I could not stand. Thank you Lord. For giving your life for me on a cross at calvary. For taking my place, mercy and grace. Thank you Lord.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Okay....so I totally just wrote a post that I completely blew off some steam and as I went to publish the post, I deleted it. I know I don't have many followers on this blog.....but would totally not want to offend any one that happened to be reading, even though the post was completely about me my feelings.....things could have been taken the wrong way.
Monday, January 3, 2011
Okay....so don't laugh, but sometimes......okay....most always.......when I am taking the warm clothes from the dryer......I bend over and lay my head on the warm clothes and just breath in their aroma. CRAZY...I know. What can I say.....I love WARMTH and things that smell good!
Sometimes us moms just need to stop what we are doing and LISTEN. Listen to the sweet laughter of our children. I love to hear my children laugh.
I can't think of anything more lovely than a sweet hug from a child. I love when my children hug me. They hug with all they have and they love you with out condition.
So this is one of my most favorite things to do.......to cuddle up on the couch with my sweet hubby and watch a movie. I love being in his arms. I love his smell and his warmth....OKAY.....I will shut up now!
Okay.....I don't know what it is, but I LOVE me some party food!!! BBQ little smokies, chips and dip, meatballs, chicken fingers.......oh the list could go on and on.........
I love grilling. I love the smell, the sound......the TASTE!!!! Mmmm....if it were up to me, I could eat grilled food everyday. I love sitting on the porch with good friends, enjoying a nice meal and a glass of sweet tea!!!
I love the smell of fresh cut grass. I especially love the smell of fresh cut grass and a summer rain.......
I love STORMS. I don't necessarily like to be out in them, but I do love the sounds and smells of a good thunderstorm.
I don't know what it is, but I love staying at a hotel. Even if it is only for one night. I guess the thought of being some place different even for a little while.
- ► February (6)
- Why are we fault finders???
- One lump or Two....how to teach kids how to handle...
- Ephesians 6 6Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; ...
- Often times when I find myself weak....it's becau...
- Are you a stepping stone or a stumbling block?
- Where are we going? CRAZY!!!
- the love of my life...
- Thank You Lord......
- Home is where Heart is........
- ~~~NUFF SAID~~~
- Not just a window........
- A few of my favorite things....
- ► 2010 (19)
- ► 2009 (45)