Friday, October 30, 2009
full steam ahead
Fig. onward with
full steam ahead
with all possible energy and enthusiasm
FULL STEAM AHEAD!! Seriously!! From today until after November 7th, my life is going to be super duper busy (in a good way).
Our Fall Ladies' Conference that our church host every year is next weekend. I love this time of the year. I love getting together with my friends and Sisters-in-Christ. I love being renewed and refreshed.
This year, I have the great honor of speaking to the teen girls. I am honored because I, by nature, am not a speaker. I will be speaking on Friday night as well as on Saturday. I am overwhelmed with humility and just pray I can be a blessing to those I will be talking to. I only want to bring honor and glory to my Heavenly Father! I also am pretty excited about the photo shoot I will be doing for the teen girls and for the Pastor's wives, along with singing in the ensemble, trio and solo, decorating and preparing to speak. Whew!!!! A lot to do!!! This year's theme is "PICTURE OF GRACE". Our colors this year are black, white, silver and purple. I am decorating the teen girl's room in black, white and fuschia. I am already preparing my heart for the LORD to do something great at this meeting. I need the LORD to work in my life and I pray right now for the LORD to soften every ladies' heart that will be in attendance. This year's speakers are Mrs. Beverly Hyles and Mrs. Cathy Berry! I will be sure to post an update!!
"How skillful the hands of the artist, who painted this picture of me, He saw with the eyes of a Master, how beautiful my LIFE could be. Where once was a portrait of gloom and despair, this MASTERPIECE hangs in it's place. It's signed with HIS BLOOD and it's framed with HIS GLORY, this beautiful PICTURE OF GRACE"
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Today, I was thinking about all of the wonderful blessings I have in my life. I take for granted every single day all that God has given me. I thought about all of the material earthly riches I have and the Lord has been good to me and then I thought about all of the little things that I have that clearly mean so much more to me than a new house, car or a big diamond ring. There is certainly nothing wrong with having those things. I truly believe God wants us to have the desires of our heart! For me, though, I sat and wrote down the things that I have that cannot be taken away by a bad economy or situation. Things that truly bring peace, contentment and happiness to me every single day. The wonder of our FIVE senses. We use these amazing abilities everyday and I dare say not a one of us truly think about this amazing miracle God equipped us with. Today, I want to share with you my favorite "5" things for each of my "5"senses. I would encourage you to do the same. It truly makes you appreciate what God gave us!!!
The Sense of Taste
1. I love the taste of chocolate!!! Not dark, but milk chocolate!!
2. I love the taste of a good cup of coffee (with flavored creamer).
3. I love the taste of a steak and baked potato!
4. I love the taste of spicy, mexican food! I love flavor!
5. I love the taste of a good ole' glass of southern sweet tea!!
The Sense of Hearing
1. I love to listen to a thunderstorm and rain. Strange how something so dangerous at times can be so peaceful.
2. I love to hear my children laugh. I think laughter is the best medicine and it brings joy to my heart when I hear their laughter.
3. I love to hear the words, "I Love you!" Whether it be said by a family member or a friend, those words, I never take for granted when I hear.
4. SILENCE!!! Sometimes, I love to hear nothing. Sometimes we need to quiet our spirit so we can hear the LORD!
5. I love to listen to piano solos, acoustic guitar, or a string quartet.
The Sense of Seeing
1. I don't enjoy seeing someone cry, but I do thank God for the ability to see someone cry. I know that often times tears come from sorrow, guilt or fear. I always want to keep my sensitivity to someones's tears.
2. I love seeing the sun rise and the sun set. The beginning of a new day and the close to another day God gave me breath!
3. I love to see the ocean and it's vastness. It is beautiful and I can't wrap my mind around it.
4. I love to see the faces of the people I love. I try to memorize every detail.
5. I love to see people in love. It makes you realize how precious it is to have someone who loves you.
The Sense of Touch
1. I love the touch of my husband. The tender way he holds my hand.
2. I love the touch of comfy, warm socks on my often cold feet.
3. I love the touch of a baby's soft skin and wonder how anything can be so soft.
4. I love the touch of a my children. The way the pat you when they want you. The way Emma says,"Hold you!"
5. The touch of my mom. I love when my mom hugs me, even in my 30's, I love to be hugged by my mom.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
All you have to do is...
1. Go to her site and come back and let me know what your favorite item is and you're entered!! (#1 is REQUIRED)
2. I will give you an extra entry if you are a follower or if you become a follower of my blog AND an extra entry for already following or becoming a follower ofhers!! (OPTIONAL)
3. TEN extra entries if you post this on your blog!! (OPTIONAL)
I will choose a winner on Monday 19, 2009 but the deadline to enter will be midnight Sunday 18th. You can leave just one comment but please let me know how many of these you did. You have to let me know what your favorite item is @ Molly Lou Gifts or your entry will not count.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Well, I finally did it!! I finally purchased studio lights for my photography. I have not worked with lights in over 8 years, so I have a lot of remembering and learning to do. I still will specialize in outdoor/natural light photography, but purchased the lights to help broaden my horizons. Recently, I photographed a private school and it was pouring down rain. I so wish I had lights as a back up plan. Still took the pictures outside and they turned out, thank the Lord, but what a stressful morning that was. Well, if anyone has any tips or tricks....I could use all of the help I could get!!
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (19)
- Sweet Baby Mykenna! Congratulations Tim and Becky...
- FULL STEAM AHEAD!!
- The Sense of Smell 1. I love the smell of fresh c...
- The Sense of Taste 1. I love the taste of chocolat...
- The Sense of Hearing 1. I love to listen to a thu...
- The Sense of Seeing 1. I don't enjoy seeing someon...
- The Sense of Touch 1. I love the touch of my husba...
- The previous post is from my friend Holly!! Check ...
- 100th Post Giveaway! Well I never thought I'd make...
- Well, I finally did it!! I finally purchased stud...
- ▼ October (11)