Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Heartbroken

Sometimes when there is nothing left to say, when the tears have been flowing all day....all you can do it sit down and write. Today is my birthday and it has been one of the saddest days of my life. The highlight of my birthday is when the phone rings first thing in the morning and the first person's voice I hear is that of Brad's grandmother, Charlotte. Well, today, I didn't get that phone call. We received a devastating phone call instead. Charlotte and Jack were at their condo in Panama City and she got up this morning with a headache and then got sick. She collapsed and went unconscious. Needless to say from this morning until now, she is on life support. She had a brain embolism. They did surgery to drill a hole in her head to relieve the bleeding, but the Dr.s aren't hopeful. There is no brain activity. We are heartbroken and devastated. We are wanting to be there right now, but are trying to wait to see what the rest of the day holds. We are so close with her and she and Tyler have such a special bond. I just can't stop thinking about her and already missing her tremendously. Please pray for her, our family as we embark on these next few days. We can't know the future, but we know who holds the future. Thank you Lord for Charlotte and all that she means to me and so many other people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Brandy! I am so very sorry to hear of this news. Please keep us posted about Charlotte's condition and prayers go up for her and for your family.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Holly....I am sure you have heard by now, but Charlotte passed. We had her memorial service yesterday. We are all still in shock and it's a hard pill to swallow. She was such an amazing woman. We love her so much and she will be missed. Thanks for you prayers.

Trace Gibson said...

Oh no, Brandy! I'm so sorry! I haven't peeked in on your blog for a while, but you're in our prayers now!