Monday, April 21, 2008

Building Castles!!!




Well, for the last SEVERAL weeks, I have been so busy. Our church hosted our 4th annual Teen Conference and this year, I was in charge of decorating. I had big shoes to fill considering that the decorating in the past has been "out of this world." With the help of my builder, Greg, we accompished what we set out to do. I also had an incredible team of helpers. Greg spent over 300 hours building the set and as a team, countless hours putting it all together. Our theme this year was "Obtain thy Crown", 1 Corithians 9:25, "Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible." So naturally our decorations were medieval. God really had His hand in this. Everything turned out way better than I had anticipated. We had over 400 teenagers and the preachers were amazing. I wanted to share some pictures of everything. Please pray for our church, we are going through some tough times and Satan is very much at work, but our churchs' spirit is so sweet and humbled.
Oh yeah, by the way, the speakers rode in on horses, the castle had a real working drawbridge and iron gate, that went down and opened for the speakers to walk out on. The costumes were all handmade by two woman in our church. The entire thing was incredible.

No comments: