Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas? Really?

I can not believe Christmas is seriously just around the corner. I LOVE this time of year, but man it sure comes around fast. Today is the 15th of November and I have to admit......the Christmas decorating bug has hit me. I always decorate the day after Thanksgiving, but I thought why not start now. I just put up a little tree in the dining area. It is too cute. It is a charlie brown tree and I spray painted a flower pot black, put the tree down in it and put moss to fill in. It is adorable and I don't even have the lights or bow on it yet!! I think I may wait on Brad to help me get some boxes unloaded...seems I have done something to my back and it HURTS!!! I just put on the crystal doorknobs (that came from my parent's 100 year old house) onto the shutter I have in the entry way. It makes a beautiful rack to hang things on. I will be sure to post pictures later. Sine we live in a basement.....(I am thankful, the LORD provided), I want to make it beautiful. One of my most favorite things to do is decorate for Christmas and it makes me a little sad this year that I do not have our house anymore to decorate. This will be the first time in my married life that I do not have a mantle to decorate....I know, ridiculous to be sad over this, right??? I know the Lord has a plan for us and I am so very thankful where we live and to not be stressed out about a huge house payment. Nevertheless, one thing I have ALWAYS strived for is to have our house feel like a HOME, wherever we live. Anywho, Brad had a REALLY good month in October at work. It would be amazing if he could do that every month....we'll see. Sure am proud of him!! Well, I guess I better get back to life. Just needed a minute to forget about laundry and dishes. Hope you all have a BLESSED day!!

No comments: